If you are looking for an ideal location for an Easter holiday, or even a weekend break, the Byron Bay hinterland is the perfect location.
There is so much to see and do, from World-Heritage National Parks - with waterfalls and beautiful scenery, to quaint country villages and of course the coastal towns like Byron Bay, Lennox Head and Ballina.
Some top things to do in the Byron Bay region:
- Bangalow - great boutique shops, cafes and restaurants.
- Take a country drive through the local hinterland villages. You may even find 'honesty boxes' on the side of the road selling local, fresh produce like coffee, honey and fruit and veg.
- Visit Minyon Falls and the surrounding national parks.
- Visit Rocky Creek Dam - great place for a picnic or BBQ (there are council BBQs)
- Go to Crystal Castle - view the amazing crystals and gardens. They also have a cafe.
- Byron Bay - of course, visit famous Byron. The beautiful beaches and laid back atmosphere. There are plenty of shops and restaurants too.
- A walk (or drive) up to Cape Byron Lighthouse is a must.
- Do one of the many tours and acitivites in the area, from surf lessons, hot air ballooning, stand-up paddle boarding there's also Circus classes for the kids.
- Markets - there's lots of local markets to buy gifts and fresh produce from. The larger community markets are on Sundays and alternate to a different location each week. There are also regular Farmer's markets every week. Byron Bay also has the Artisan Market on every Saturday 4-9pm at Railway Park (only October to Easter).
- Relax and enjoy the peace and quiet in the hinterland.