There are many Australia Day events happening this coming Australia Day - Friday 26th January 2018:
The 'Great' Duck Race
- Time: 12pm - 7pm
- Where: Richmond River at Fawcett Park, Ballina.
- Live entertainment, market stalls, food vans, pony rides, face painting and so much more. Great for a family day out.
Ballina RSL - Australia Day
- Time: From 8am to close
- Where: 1 Grant Street, Ballina
- Buffet Breakfast, arts & crafts, fishing competition, sausage sizzle, face painting, more buffet and live entertainment.
Breakfast in the Park (Combined Services of Brunswick Valley)
- Time: 7:00am - 10:00am
- Where: Housie Tent, Banner Park, Brunswick Heads
- Breakfast $5, free Australian flags, live music, singalong
- Breakfast in the Park (Rotary Club of Byron Bay)
- Time: 7.30am - 11.00am
- Where: Next to the Byron Bay Surf Club, Main Beach
- Light refreshments, free Australian flags, live entertainment
Australia Day Paddle (Byron Bay Surf Club)
- Time: 8:00am registration open with 10am paddle start
- Where: Wategos to Main Beach
- $10 entry fee with presentations after the paddle
Celebration of the Survival of Indigenous Culture (The Sisters for Reconciliation)
- Time: 11.00am - 3.00pm
- Where: Byron Bay Main Beach Park, Cavanbah/Byron Bay
- Alcohol free event, music and dancing, kids activities
Breakfast and Bexhill Hall
- Time: from 7am
- Where: Bexhill Hall
- Bacon and eggs rolls, sausage sizzle, damper, tea and coffee served up for your Australia Day breakfast.
Australia Day Double Header - Music on The Deck
- Time: 4pm - 12am
- Where: Dunoon Sports Club Presents
- It will be a day for the whole family, singles, party goers and just anybody that enjoys Aussie rock.
The official Ballina Shire Australia Day ceremony
- Time: 10am - 12noon
- Where: Lennox Head Community Centre
- Special Guest Address by Jessica Watson OAM
- Free bus service available
Australia Day Rockabilly at The Tatts
- Time: from 3pm
- Where: New Tattersalls Hotel
- Get ready to rock n roll with The Linelockers this Australia Day. Great food, cold beer and live music. Bring your dancin' shoes.
Nimbin swimming pool Olympics
- Time: 10am
- Where: 25 Sibley Street, Nimbin
- Featuring synchronised swimming competitions, The Great Marathon Float, poolside fashion parade, fun races & a surprise event.
Survival day festival with Emily Wurramara
- Time: 1pm
- Where: Nimbin Bush Theatre
- The Nimbin Bush Theatre proudly presents a day to celebrate the survival of the worlds oldest living culture on January 26, presenting Indigenous performers and Ceremony.
Official Ceremony - by invitation (OSCA)
- Time: 11.00am - 1.00pm
- Where: Ocean Shores Country Club
- Australia Day Ambassador, Australia Day Address, Community Awards, Citizenship Ceremony
Aussie BBQ (Ocean Shores Community Association)
- Time: 4.00pm - 6.00pm
- Where: Ocean Shores Public School
- Free Sausage sizzle, ice pops, cake, drinks, Australian flags, music, mullet throwing championship, singalong, rainforest walk
- For more details contact 6680 1108 or www.osca.org.au
Fun Afternoon (Byron Rural Fire Brigade)
- Time: 12 noon - 4.00pm
- Where: Gaggin Park, Alcorn Street, Suffolk Park
- Free Sausage sizzle, cake, drinks, free Australian flags, children's entertainment, music