Try the Byron Hinterland for your next family holiday
There’s lots of fun stuff to do with the kids of any age in the Byron Bay hinterland region:
- Visit the World-Heritage listed National Parks and sub-tropical rainforests with an abundance of wildlife, waterfalls and stunning views.
- There are lots of day tours and activities to do in the area such as circus arts classes for kids and adults, cycling, hot air ballooning, gliding, surfing, stand-up paddle boarding and much more.
- Find the ‘honesty boxes’ as you cruise the byron hinterland countryside – lots of local farmers sell their fresh produce on the side of the road outside their property. From honey to fresh fruit, vegetables, nuts and coffee.
- Climb Mount Warning (quite advanced walking, not suitable for young children)
- Visit Summerland House Farm Water Park
- Have a splash and slide at Ballina Water Park and newly renovated Olympic size swimming pool.
- Walk up to the iconic Byron Bay Lighthouse and spot whales and dolphins.
- Go to the World-famous Byron Bay Blues and Roots Festival (nearly sold out)
- Local farmers, arts and crafts and community markets on every week and at various locations in the Byron hinterland regionVisit (and stay in) one of the beautiful country villages in our area, such as Bangalow or Alstonville with boutique shops and great restaurants and cafe’s or see more of the country lifestyle at Eltham, Federal, Nightcap, UKI and many more.
See our Villages page for more details or our accommodation for places to stay.
- Our holiday accommodations are within driving distance to the beautiful north coast beaches including Byron Bay, Lennox Head and East Ballina.
- Or just relax and take in the views and fresh air!
If you are thinking of visiting the Byron Bay hinterland these coming summer holidays, be mindful that accommodation gets booked up quickly at these times. So, the more in advance that you can book the better. See our accommodation page for further info.
Stay tuned for more things to do over the school holidays and Easter.